"Amen, Amen, Amen, Praise God Whom All Blessings Flow"

This letter was received on Monday, July 8th. Sorry for the delay in getting the thing posted. Great to hear from Elder Hintze. Here's what he had to say:

"FAMILY!!! Holy smokes this week flew by, miss you and love each and everyone of you so much!! So last time I emailed you I was in the dumps, like I was saying batten down the hatches oh baby Bradley, because I don't think you can do this for two years. But this week has been awesome and lots of fun. P-Day last week saved it for me, I just needed a good day to chill out. So it has literally poured every single day this week, like not even joking. We have gotten more rain here in the last week than Utah gets in a year. So it makes what we do hard, because we can't really go out when it is thunder and lightning and DUMPING RAIN on us. So it really was a slow week in that way, we are still trying hard to find people to teach, we have a couple people that are just teetering, were going to get them there. We have basically exhausted all of our other resources, we would go visit people in the rainy days, they wouldn't be interested, so literally we didn't have anything to do a lot of the time, but we tried to stay busy. Funny.. I broke my toiled flusher, so I have to open up the lid everytime and submerge my hand to send away my wastes to the sewage. The Bess's are in the ward, yes I have been looking for Pres. Bess, but he hasn't been there I met his daughter, and I will talk to the son next Sunday when he gets here. I am excited to have him help us with mission work, cuz we need more members working. Thank you for the letters, I love them, and the packages. I got all of them, still waiting on the belt? :)"

"Monday- last P-Day. It was crazy how it flew by, there was hardly anytime to do anything, but I finished my laundry, cleaned the apartment up real nice. I wrote letters which I'm bad at it takes me forever, I just wrote to Sara and Emileah thats all the letters I've gotten so far. But Tyler, Cody, Ben, Nate, Bronson, Scottie, and Jarom all email me it is really nice. So we ate dinner at the Hall's house and they have the most beautiful house ever, like a half a mile long driveway, lined with trees, to a way nice old plantation house that has had a facelift, and a huge field all surrounding it and then a pool just chilling out in the back. I want to live in it so bad. Any whom so after that, we went and had ice cream with a baptist Preacher named Willie Parker, he runs the chaplain duty at the Hospital, ra ra ra amen amen amen, praise God whom all blessings flow. Things he says. He is way nice, and he loves us, he offers to take us out to pizza, and ice cream almost every week. So we just chit the chat and we talked about the Bible with him, he doesn't like the Book of Mormon.. Haha. But he really is a quality individual, and we are going to work with him, because if we could get him so many would follow. He was talking about how he went to a baptism of ours and loved it, and a lady gave a talk there on the Holy Ghost, and he said it was "right down the line" with his sermons."

"Tuesday- We had District Meeting in the morning nothing eventful, there are only six of us in the district, so that was whatever. Then we had lunch at Linda's house and Sister Carroll made it. Hahaha it is hilarious. So then one of the HIGHLIGHTS, we met with Nathan, who is an investigator, I think I talked about him last time, I hope I did. So we were going to finish up the 3rd lesson, which is Baptism and the Holy Ghost, in a week he has read halfway through 2 Nephi, he has changed immensely, he said it made him cry while reading, he said that it brought him closer to God, he said is was the word of God, and when we brought up baptism, he said that it had been on his mind!!!!! Crazy everything that we were going to teach him, he has already done or thought about, we did nothing as missionaries, it was the Spirit and the Book of Mormon!!!! Phenomenal to see, but he was supposed to ship off to boot camp this Sunday, and he had already been delayed once, and that is how we got to teach him. So he said he would be baptized when he gets back, so chances are neither of us would be here, BUT WAIT.. we were praying that he would be delayed haha.. So we get a call two days later and his paperwork got messed up so he is here for a couple more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we meet with him tomorrow, and we will set a date with him, I hope."

"Wednesday- Literally a down pour of rain all day, we did some service with good Forest Bain our ward mission leader, at the food bank, boxed up a bunch of food. For lunch we went to the Waffle House sketchyiest place ever an old diner, and they let people smoke in them? We didn't know that, or know it was even allowed. But the food was good. :) Biscuits and Gravy, 2 eggs, a waffle, 2 sausages, 2 pieces of toast, and hashbrowns. mmmm. We love our food down here! So we didn't have anything going today, so we went through the Area book and cleaned it out, we probably called like 60 people, and we took out probably 30 more that we are going to begin contacting this week. Then we visited some recent converts, Mike and Linda Thomley, they live in a trailer park, they have 2 cats and a dog with them. EVERYONE HAS CATS AND DOGS. So we taught them the new convert lesson, I can't really understand what he says a lot, he flys through those words. But I struggle with a lot of people down here."

"Thursday- Happy 4th of July!! Sounds like ya'll had a great time up in Hunstville, I wish I could have been there! It poured and thunder and lightning all day, and there was flash flood warnings going on all day. So bad weather here, but Forest Bain, had us over for a BBQ. So that was really good, I had my first Boiled Peanut, I don't know what is with them, but everybody loves their boiled peanuts, gross stuff if you ask me. I have been eating some veggies though, I had some broccoli, but thats about all I've been brave enough for, they cook their green beans in bacon grease, still not for me. So then we went to the Hospital we took an extra shift this week, there was nothing that happened, it was very quiet. So we just sat around, I took a little nap in the office, wooops ;) So it was pretty uneventful. Then we went and had dinner at Cameron Coggins house, recent convert, he is 18 years old just got his mission call to Japan, only member of his family that is a member, he is funding all of it on his own, he is a stud. He is always working with us and we teach him mission prep once a week. He really is the coolest dude, and he is so strong in the Gospel. The youth here are the strongest in the ward, its nuts!"

"Friday - So we went to Chaplain duty in the morning and it is kind of dead, we are making our rounds talking to people, praying with them. But nothing eventful, just doing out duty. And like 10 minutes before we leave, over the intercom comes a "Code 4" which means that someone is dieing. And so we respond to those. So we hustle down to the 1st floor to the womens vascular center, and we walk in and its empty, and there is this beeping that is going on like crazy, and we hustle and try and find it and we come to the room. A very old woman her heart had stopped and so there is like 20 people there working on her, and the family is there and they are so emotional, so we are with the Family trying to console them. But words are pretty hallow at times like this. So like 7 minutes passes by and they are doing everything, so we get the family together it was just 3 ladies, and we have a prayer with them. And we are trying to do everything that we can, eventually they revive her, the doctor comes out and says she is stable were going to move her to ICU, we will have to wait and see what the damage is, because her brain obviously didn't have oxygen. So its all good, now the family is calmed down, we are still with them. Then like 4 minutes passes and the ladys goes again, when they tried to move her. So the doctor comes back in and they start working again. The worst part is, is that the family is right in the hall and they can see it all, so they are shocking her, and CPR and its rough. The doctor comes out and says her heart is not responding, I have done all that I know how to do. So she passed away. And the family is beyond devastated. (It was a really neat but humbleing experience. Here this family is, and here I am a 19 year old, who has not a lot of experience with death. And we are called upon to try and help these ladies. It was just a hard situation.) It is unique to see that, you could tell that there was no spirit in the woman's body, it is so reassuring to know of the Plan of Salvation. But it was very sad, they cleaned the woman up and we just hung around, just to make sure they were all okay. So we went in the room with them, and just told them we are so sorry for you loss, if there is anything you can do let us know. And we just shared a quick testimony on how its the Lords time to watch over here. The family was very impressed with us, "you two sure are some young chaplains, I admire that two young men out doing what the Lord would have you do." But we didn't stay long, we wanted to let them have their time, but man that was powerful. I just wanted to tell them all about the Plan of Salvation, but we couldn't. It was a very hard neat experience, very emotional."

"Saturday- We tried to visit like 6 people and none of them our home. The highlight of the visits was when we got a popsicle form the ice cream man, the sketchiest ice cream truck ever. But man oh man did he have lots of flavors, I went with a sour blue raspberry popsicle. I know this is meaningless, but really it saved the day for us. We did get in with one man Paul Kennedy, the man who talks about shooting people. But he came to church and he was mad, because it was fast and testimony meeting, and he hates it when people cry. hahaha. He just kept watching his watch the whole time, shaking his head. Then for dinner we went to TACO BELL. Hey ya'll taco bell is the bomb. So then the sisters picked us up and we went and visited the elderly ladies in the ward, for our weekly visits, that the bishop asks us to do. Sister Lock, is 92 years old, and she is as spry as they come, she exercises every morning, and she drives, crazy how healthy she is. Then we visited Sister Knight, oh boy oh boy oh boy. You have no idea, she is bed ridden and so you ask her one question and she just goes off in story."

"Sunday- It was fast Sunday so I got up and I bore my testimony to the people, told a few one liners, had them laughing, then I shaky at the end, but all in all, I made it through. We had no investigators at Church, Nathans parents wont let him come, but he turns 18 tomorrow. Tony Hansen he is a Marine Recruiter and a recent convert, so he brought with him a big dude named Chris. So we met with him and we are going to start teaching him, and he is a pretty good lock as well, good stuff about to happen with him. So after church we made our visits and nobody was interested to hear from us, except this family Gloria and Anthem, who are neighbors to Linda are very interested, we were going to their house, but they would never answer. Turns out we were going to the wrong house....... So ya. So we finally go in with them and good stuff about to happen there. Also we doubled up on dinner we went with a family named Hughey's the mom is a member, but not inactive. She married a member, so converted basically for him and then he cheated on her and they divorced, so she has a little bit of a sour taste about the church. But they have two boys, Houston and Christian who are in high school, and they ask us all kinds of awesome questions, everyone is amazed to find out we aren't paid and we taught them about the temple, so there is interest there, so we are going to work with them a lot. So nothing big this week, but we did a lot of good, we got a ton of names out of the area book, Nathan, Chris, Gloria and fam, and the Hughey's. We're getting a lot of things moving I gotta say, it was my idea to go through the area book and I got us a Bishop's Action list, and that is all the part members, so we're gonna get going on them, because I feel as thought part members if we can get a little bit of interest, it is easy for them to come back, because the Family is already there."

"Anyway that's my week, I love each and everyone of you so much!! The Book of Mormon is incredible, I read it before I came out but not as consistent as I should have, and over long periods of time. But DAGGUM. I can't stop reading it now, it is incredible, absolutely unbelieveable. and the power that comes from it, literally if we could just get them to read from it, it changes life. It is changeing mine right now. I know this church is without a doubt true. So thankful for all of ya'll, I really have been so blessed. Keep on keepin' on."

Love Elder Hintze!!

No comments:

Post a Comment